Whatever the purpose of your trip, it is important to take into account all the nuances in order to successfully implement your plans abroad. Our advice will help you to carefully prepare in order to reduce all unpleasant situations to zero.
1. Make an appointment with a doctor and check your health.
For example, visit the dentist if you have been putting off dental treatment for a long time, because during the trip the situation may worsen.
2. Get acquainted with the sanitary and epidemiological situation in the country.
Check the current quarantine restrictions in the area, as well as medical recommendations for tourists. You may need to be vaccinated or take medication for a certain amount of time before departure.
3. Buy a travel insurance policy with Covid-19 coverage.
Today, for most countries, travel insurance is mandatory for traveling abroad with Covid-19 coverage. However, even if insurance is not mandatory for your country, we advise you to purchase this service so that you do not have to pay for treatment out of your own pocket later.
Making an insurance policy takes up to 10 minutes, and in technology companies up to 4 minutes. For example, the EKTA insurance company introduced the transfer of policyholder data through the Diya application. It’s fast, easy and comfortable. And you can pay for the selected package using Apple Pay or Google Pay. If you do not have this program, you can easily get insurance on the website or in the messenger. Personal data can be scanned from a photo of your passport.
4. Pack smart.
Don’t take too much. Choose things that are easy to combine with each other. Be sure to take a first aid kit. If there are drugs that you take regularly, put them in sufficient quantities. Please note that some medicines that are legal in your country may be illegal in another. Check it out before your trip.
During the travelling
1. Eat only in safe places.
Give preference to well-cooked food, as well as vegetables and fruits that you can wash or peel yourself. Drink only bottled water that was opened in front of you. Avoid ice — it can be made from tap water.
2. Protect yourself from the sun.
Bring sunscreen that protects against UVA and UVB rays. At the beach, apply every 2:00 hours and after swimming. Do not neglect it, so as not to treat burns later.
Remember that no means can protect you from the sun by 100%, so avoid direct sunlight, wear a hat and try to be in the shade.
3. Take care of your safety.
- Limit your alcohol intake.
- Comply with local laws. This will help avoid cultural disputes, fines, and even save lives.
- Always wear protective gear such as a helmet when riding a scooter.
- Do not walk or swim barefoot if there is a possibility of injury or bite.
- Do not get close to wild animals and do not pet them. Even cute, at first glance, animals can be dangerous.
4. If an unpleasant health situation has nevertheless occurred, immediately contact the insurance company.
Before the trip, download the application of the EKTA insurance company — Ekta insurance. It helps to keep all the data about your policy at hand, as well as to quickly contact the support service in case of an insured event.
Open the application, go to the support section, choose a convenient messenger or call the hotline and describe your situation. You do not need to enter your insurance policy details. They pull up automatically. Specialists will quickly select the nearest hospital, arrange a transfer or call a taxi at their own expense. You do not need to pay anything, the company transfers funds immediately to the clinic’s account.
Most importantly: take a good mood with you and enjoy the trip.