Winter Is Coming! It’s time to prepare for the cold and stock up on thermal underwear. And how to choose it told the experts.
Thermal underwear during a winter holiday, and just during a cold winter, is a real find that everyone should know about. Without exaggeration. But how to choose thermal underwear? Experts from the Norfin website helped us figure this out.
Thermal underwear selection criteria
“You should rely on three main selection criteria: the purpose of use, the temperature regime, and also the material,” experts emphasize.
First of all — what do you need thermal underwear for?
- For outdoor activities (for example, for snowboarding), thermal underwear should be chosen with a comfortable cut. It is worth paying attention to zonal thermal underwear if you are involved in professional sports.
- For passive rest, you should focus on thermal underwear, which will provide warmth for a long stay on the street. So, for example, for winter fishing, it is recommended to choose not cotton underwear, but thermo.
- There is also thermal underwear for everyday wear. It provides extra warmth and also eliminates unpleasant odors. The main advantage of thermal underwear for everyday wear You don’t have to wear a lot of clothes. Down with a million sweaters and T‑shirts!
Thermal underwear materials
When choosing thermal underwear, it is extremely important to pay attention to the material of which it consists.
“For athletes, we always recommend underwear made from synthetic materials. It wicks away moisture quickly, and there’s a wide range of models for temperatures ranging from normal to extreme. But natural ones (made of wool) lose in moisture removal, but they perfectly retain heat. The fabric is pleasant, it is very comfortable in such thermal underwear, especially during everyday wear, ”says Norfin.
However, you should also pay attention to whether you personally will be comfortable in such thermal underwear. So, for example, thermal underwear made from natural materials can cause inconvenience to people with sensitive skin. If this is about you, choose the combined one.
“Combination thermal underwear is great for those with sensitive skin, as well as for those who use this clothing for everyday wear or for inactive winter activities – fishing, walking, and so on,” the experts told us.
What size to choose?
Bad news for those who don’t like fitting. Thermal underwear must be tried on in order to choose the right and suitable for the needs of your particular body. Try it on your naked body and listen to your feelings. What follows is ridiculously simple:
- If thermal underwear fits like a “second skin”, does not restrict movement and does not cause discomfort — this is exactly what you need.
- If it hangs, you should choose a smaller size.
- If thermal underwear squeezes — choose a larger size.
“If you choose thermal underwear for a child, you should focus on height and, of course, try it on. If it seems to you that thermal underwear does not save you from the cold, most likely you have chosen it incorrectly.
How to care for thermal underwear
In order for thermal underwear to serve for a long time and bring only pleasure, it is recommended to properly care for it.
“We recommend washing it in cool water. It doesn’t matter if it’s machine wash or hand wash, just don’t wash your thermal underwear in hot water, otherwise it will shrink or lose its original shape. You should also pay attention to special detergents for thermal underwear,” Norfin experts advise.
After washing, it is not recommended to strongly wring out thermal underwear, as it may deform over time.
It is ideal to dry thermal underwear outdoors or in a well-ventilated room.
In no case should you:
- Dry thermal underwear on the battery.
- Take it to the dry cleaner, iron and boil.
As you can see, thermal underwear and high temperatures are incompatible.
Thermal underwear is indispensable for a cold winter, and especially when the humidity is high outside. Don’t forget to warm up!
We thank the company https://norfin.com.ua/ for expert assistance