Whatever the purpose of your trip, it is important to consider all the nuances in order to successfully implement your plans abroad. Our tips will help you prepare thoroughly and eliminate the main unpleasant situations.
Before the trip
1. Make an appointment with a doctor and check your health.
For example, visit a dentist if you have been putting off dental treatment for a long time, because the situation may worsen during the trip.
2. Familiarize yourself with the sanitary and epidemiological situation in the country.
Check the quarantine restrictions that apply in this region, as well as medical recommendations for tourists. You may need vaccinations, or you may need to take medication a certain amount of time before departure.
3. Purchase a travel insurance policy with Covid-19 coverage.
Today, travel insurance with Covid-19 coverage is mandatory for most countries. However, even if insurance is not mandatory for your country, we advise you to purchase this service so that you do not have to pay for treatment out of your own pocket later.
It takes up to 10 minutes to issue an insurance policy, and up to 4 minutes for technology companies. For example, the EKTA insurance company introduced the transfer of policyholder data through the “Diya” application. It’s fast, easy and comfortable. And you can pay for the selected package using Apple Pay or Google Pay. If you don’t have this program, get insured on the website or in the messenger. Personal data can be scanned from your passport photo.
4. Pack things wisely.
Do not take too much. Choose things that are easily combined with each other. Be sure to take a first aid kit. If there are drugs that you take regularly, put them in a sufficient quantity. Pay attention to the fact that some drugs that are allowed in your country may be prohibited in another. Check it before you go.
During the trip
1. Eat only in reliable places.
Give preference to well-prepared food, as well as vegetables and fruits that you can wash or clean yourself. Drink only bottled water that was opened with you. Avoid ice – it can be made from tap water.
2. Protect yourself from the sun.
Take with you a cream that protects against UVA and UVB rays. On the beach, apply it every 2 hours and also after swimming. Do not neglect this, so as not to treat burns later.
Remember that no means will be able to protect you from the sun 100%, so wear a hat and try to stay in the shade.
3. Take care of your safety.
- Limit alcohol consumption.
- Follow local laws, even if they seem ridiculous or silly to you. This will help avoid cultural disputes, fines and even save lives.
- Always wear protective gear such as a helmet when riding a scooter.
- Do not walk or bathe barefoot if there is a possibility of injury or bite.
- Do not approach or pet wild animals. Even cute, at first glance, animals can be dangerous.
4. If an unpleasant health-related situation does occur, contact the insurance company immediately.
Download the application of the insurance company EKTA before the trip — Ekta insurance. It helps to keep the data about your policy at hand, as well as to quickly contact the support service in the event of an insurance claim.
Open the application, go to the support service section, choose a convenient messenger or call the hotline and describe your situation. You do not need to enter the details of your insurance policy. They tighten automatically. Specialists will quickly select the nearest hospital, arrange a transfer or call a taxi at their own expense. There is no need to pay anything, the company transfers funds immediately to the clinic’s account.
The most important thing: take a good mood with you and enjoy the trip.