Many consider skill to be the primary factor in a footballer’s success on the playing field. After all, the presence of experience and professional skills allows you to bypass the less trained athletes of the opposing team. However, in addition to general skill, speed is of great importance.
In reality, the fastest football player in the world, combined with key playing skills, is able to provide his team with many advantages. The presence of outstanding skills and characteristics always attracts the attention of sports fans. Therefore, many people are interested in the TOP 10 fastest football players for 2019.
TOP 10 fast football players of popular teams for 2019
When choosing fast players, many people think of Raheem Sterling, Mohammed Salahai or Leroy Sane. After all, these athletes are distinguished by outstanding physical abilities. However, none of the players managed to surpass the world record of Arjen Robben, who managed to accelerate to 37 km / h at the 2014 World Cup. The speed indicators of this athlete surprise many experts and critics. Therefore, the TOP 10 popular and fast football players should be highlighted:
10. Antonio Rüdiger — At the age of 26, he is the central defender of the German national team and the Chelsea team. The football player distinguished himself in the Premier League and demonstrated high running speed. In total, the athlete played 43 games in the league and even managed to score 1 goal. Antonio set a record at around 35.19 km / h and confidently outstripped Kyle Walker by as much as 0.03 km / h.
9. Jurgen Damm — is the first winger (midfielder) in the Mexican club “Tigres”. He takes part in games for the Mexican national team. At the age of 26, the athlete has worldwide recognition and is popular among the famous clubs Manchester United and Real Oviedo. Team managers offered to transfer Jurgen. However, the player failed to realize the plans of the Europeans. During the 2018/2019 season, he played about 19 games, managed to score 1 goal and 1 advantageous assist. The maximum speed of a football player on the field sometimes reaches 35.23 km / h.
8. Karim Bellarabi — at the age of 29 he became the first winger of Bayer. He has the title of the fastest football player in the world. He plays for the German national team. In the 2013/2014 season, he scored the fastest goal in the history of the Bundesliga. The football player managed to score the ball at 9 seconds of the match. The athlete also set a league record and scored the 50,000th goal. The maximum running speed during the game often reached 32.27 km / h.
7. Moussa Sissoko — known for its speed of 35.33 km / h. The football player is 29 years old and in his years Moussa is the central midfielder of the French national team and Tottenham. In total, he played 39 games, made 4 assists and surpassed other athletes in speed during the 2014/2015 and 2017/2018 seasons.
6. Patrick Van Aanholt Left-back for the Netherlands and Crystal Palace. At the age of 28, he set another speed record on the field of 35.42 km / h. The 2018/2019 season was quite successful for the football player. Patrick played 37 games in the series, scoring 3 goals and assisting 2 balls. Listed as one of the fastest and most professional players in the Premier League.
5. Leroy Sane is a young winger for the German national team and Manchester City. At 23, he set a running speed record at around 35.48 km / h. The football player showed impressive physical characteristics in 2017 on September 30 in the game against Chelsea. During the 2018/2019 season, he scored 15 goals in 42 games and made 18 assists.
4. Inaki Williams — the fastest professional football player in the world 2019 according to La Liga. At 24, he is a player for the Spanish national team and Athletic Bilbao. The running speed record was 35.71 km/h. During the last season he managed to score 14 goals in 35 games.
3. Orlando Berrio is a right winger and the fastest player of 2019 for the Brazilian club Flamengo, as well as the Colombian national team. The player has spent his entire career in clubs in South America. During the 2018 season, he played 1 assist and played in 9 matches. Before playing for Flamengo, he was in the Colombian club Atlético Nacional for about 7 years. The speed on the field was 36 km/h. It is worth noting that in Brazil the playing season does not stretch for 2 years.
2. Kylian Mbappe — young center forward of the French national team. The athlete plays for PSG and is on the list of the 10 fastest players in the world in 2019. In 2017, during a game against Lille, the player ran most of the playing field at a peak speed of 44.7 km / h. Thanks to his speed, Kilian scored the goal. The average speed during a match is 36 km/h. During the season he played 39 games, made 17 assists and scored 33 goals.
1. Gareth Bale — the famous left winger is 29 years old. The football player plays for Real Madrid and is a member of the Wales national team. The athlete completes the TOP 10 fastest football players in the world with a speed of 36.9 km / h. It is worth noting that the indicated results are average during the match. Peak speeds can vary significantly. Gareth scored 14 goals in the 2018/2019 season. In total, the footballer played 39 games and made 5 assists. At the moment, no one has managed to surpass the results of Bale.
All football players are active athletes who play for world football teams. Records are recorded during matches by specialists using high-precision equipment. You can also determine the speed of movement of players on the field by the usual mathematical calculations. It is enough to know the characteristics of the field in terms of distance from its main points.
Who else among the current players is considered the fastest?
The fastest and most agile athletes of modern football include Jamie Vardy, who is a striker for England and Leicester. The central player has managed to finish second in the Premier League in all seasons since 2013/2014. The football player lost only to San Leroy. With indicators of 35.44 km / h, Jamie moves around the playing field. Thanks to these characteristics, the athlete could take 6th place in the overall ranking of the TOP-10. However, in the 2017/2018 season, Vardy managed to become only tenth. The running speed on the field was 35.09 km/h.
This figure was minimal compared to the rest of the fastest players. Accordingly, Jamie managed to take a place only in the TOP-30. This player gained fame in 2016. The footballer led Leicester’s participation in the Premier League title. The athlete managed to score more than 20 goals in all 3 of the last seasons. During the period 2018/2019, the footballer scored 15 goals. Jamie played about 32 games and passed 4 assists. Many football experts note the high endurance and strong-willed character of the athlete. It is likely that Jamie will be able to set new world records in the near future. Also, fans of professional football expect the emergence of promising players who, up to this point, have only acquired the necessary experience.