The journalists of the British edition of the Times thought about the upcoming summer vacation and made a list of the best beaches in Europe
So, we present an ambiguous and somewhat controversial rating of British experts:
20. Holland, Frisian Islands, dunes of the island of Terschelling (Terschelling dunes). 20 miles of beautiful sandy almost deserted beach is recommended for cyclists, nudists and hippies.
19. Germany, Sylt beach. Like the Swiss Navy, the expression “German Riviera” sounds somewhat strange and anecdotal. But the sand dunes descending directly into the sea, the small number of tourists and the moderate warm sun of northern Germany are ideal for lovers of nature and a relaxing holiday.
18. Lithuania, Palanga beach. A small resort town with a white sandy beach, hot nightly beach parties and a large number of coastal restaurants and cafes.
17. Portugal: Madeira, Porto Santo beach. A small sandy beach on the south coast of this tiny island will appeal to romantics and couples in love.
16. Cyprus, Polis beach. If you want to relax and cleanse yourself of toxins, gain strength in an ecologically clean place — this is just for you.
15. Greece, Milos island, Papafragas Cove. White cliffs and sea grottoes are ideal for swimmers and divers.
14. Greece, Mykonos island, Panormos beach
13. Croatia, island Hvar, private beach Bonj ‘Les Bains’. As if a specially created place for absolutely passive rest and complete relaxation under the rays of the hot southern sun. One of the most fashionable and favorite vacation spots of many stars and celebrities.
12. Italy, Sardinia, Cala Luna beach. High cliffs, cliffs approaching the sea itself, and numerous grottoes will definitely appeal to climbers, speleologists and just lovers of outdoor activities.
11. Italy, island of Capri, Blue Grotto. Recommended for cave lovers and the latest romantics.
10. Spain, Balearic Islands, Mallorca, Palma Nova Beach (Platja Illetes) — these are three large beaches with fine sand, clear water and luxurious villas nearby.
9. Spain, Balearic Islands, Ibiza, Las Salinas beach — one of the most famous nudist beaches in Europe. Sunbathing dressed here will even be somehow embarrassing for you.
8. Spain, San Sebastian, La Concha beach — although a little noisy, it is one of the most beautiful traditional urban beaches in Europe.
7. Spain, Costa Brava, Cala d’Aiguafreda beach. Recommended for those who are tired of sand under the armpits. The beach is forests descending to the very shore, rocky cliffs and pebbles near the shore.
6. France, Corsica island, Palombaggia beach — one of the best family beaches, surrounded by century-old pine trees, with clear water. It can be seen as an economical alternative to traveling to the coast of the Indian Ocean.
5. France, Provence, the beaches of Porquerolles Island (Ile de Porquerolles) are some of the best beaches on the French Riviera. White sand, wild nature with steep rocky shores, combined with the absolute comfort of expensive hotels, will make you feel completely united with nature.
4. France, Provence, Piemanson beach — located on the western side of the mouth of the Greater Rhone, a very beautiful sandy beach with a length of almost 6 km. Suitable for lovers of independent wild tourism.
3. France, Languedoc, Collioure beach — ideal for lovers of a comfortable stay, discos and restaurants with seafood.
2. France, the beaches of Lac de Mondély in the Pyrenees. Clear fresh water and the mirror surface of the lake are the best choice for nature lovers and children’s recreation due to the beautiful and warm coastal shoals.
1. France, Betagne, the beaches of Plage Conguel are suitable for a relaxing family holiday away from the crowds of tourists and vacationers.
Article protected by copyright and related rights. When using and reprinting the material, an active link to the healthy lifestyle portal hnb.com.ua is required!